We all know that summer is concert season. Bands tour in the summer because kids are off of school, and many parents can take off work or rearrange their schedules to drive their kids to these shows. There are many shows that I am looking forward to this summer, here are my top five and the reasons why.
- Ed Sheeran: While Sheeran hasn’t officially announced his America tour dates. He has released dates for various shows across the globe. Needless to say, he is bound to be releasing dates for his currently show free summer. While I have yet to hear his new album, I have heard his two singles and I definitely like what I hear. There is not a doubt in my mind that whatever Sheeran releases next will be anything but amazing.
- Kings of Leon: Sex on Fire has been an all time favorite song of mine and seeing it live would make pretty much all of my dreams come true. Not to mention their new album WALLS contains some pretty amazing tracks. Around the World has been playing on repeat since it’s release. Their captivating stage presence is one I can’t wait to see live.
- Green Day: The Revolution Radio Tour is coming to a venue near you this summer and it is one shoe you won’t want to miss. Green Day is making what some call a come back, but in my opinion they never left. Their new album contains hits like Bang Bang and Still Breathing. You’re not going to want to miss seeing this iconic band live in person. There experience is likely going to work to their benefit and this tour is going to be unforgettable.
- The Weeknd: Starboy was rocketed to the tops of the charts this past winter. The Weeknd has been releasing hit after hit and preformed at the Victoria’s Secret fashion show more than once. There is no doubt that he knows how to put on a good show. Stepping away from my normal genera of preference, The Weeknd is one show I don’t want to miss.
- Third Eye Blind: Some serious throw back vibes here. Third Eye Blind’s Jumper has been fueling teenage angst and tugging heartstrings since before I was born. There is no doubt that these seasoned veterans will put on an amazing show. If you somehow aren’t familiar with their hit Jumper, maybe you’ve listened to Semi-Charmed Life. Semi-Charmed life is another classic you have to check out.
I hope this post gave you a better look into the upcoming concert season and maybe influenced your decision on which show to see this summer.